The digital x-ray unit at Capital Area Veterinary Specialists is an advanced system that provides high-quality diagnostic images. Our digital system requires little exposure to radiation. The radiograph images can be manipulated and contrasted, leading to fewer x-ray retakes.
Our radiography unit also provides images within seconds, enabling our board-certified veterinary surgeons and doctors to begin treatment immediately. There are many conditions, disease states, and injuries that can be determined using our radiograph system including:
- • Diagnosing cause of lameness
- • Detecting bone fractures
- • Diagnosing hip and elbow dysplasia
- • Locating intestinal obstructions
- • Measuring organ size for damage or disease
- • Discovering tumors in the chest and abdomen
If you live in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Denham Springs, Walker, Hammond, or elsewhere in southern Louisiana, consider us when your pet requires a specialist.